Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Fantasy Football Team

Well folks, the winning team was just drafted. Unfortunately, I also was drafting in his league. The system is you get $260 fake dollars to bid on players.

Here is my team, with valuable football related comments.


QB: Matt Schaub, will throw crazy numbers for the best 8-8 team
in the NFL.
RB: LeSean McCoy, the reason I always do "pretty good" is that
I get 4-5 backs that are all "pretty good", instead of 1 or 2 studs.
RB: Jon Stewart, teams with Stephen Colbert for the best
(and funniest) backfield in football.
WR: Marques Colsten, Hofstra stud
WR: Calvin Johnson, the first and last names of the best 20th
century democratic presidents (minus Kennedy, Truman, and
perhaps Clinton...and Roosevelt, and Wilson, well, you get the picture)*
WR: Roddy White, got stuck with him trying to make someone else
overpay. Will probably be my best player
TE: Vernon Davis, I think Mike Singletary is a great coach.
D: Philadelphia Eagles, really didn't want them, but their special teams should be good.
K: Nate Kaeding, he stinks in the playoffs, but fantasy is about the regular season.

Bench:
QB: Joe Flacco: Go Delaware Joe!
RB: Fred Jackson, really enjoy tough players like him
RB: Thomas Jones, really enjoy tough players like him
RB: Clinton Portis, see democratic comment above
WR: Wes Welker, should put up good numbers
WR: Dwayne Bowe, KC has some really good offensive players
TE: Brent Celek. I have the best tight end duo in the league. GO IT'S ALL GOOD!


So, all in all, I am pretty happy with my team. I had $13 left over to bid on a kicker, which no one ever pays more than a $1 for. But that is ok. It's All Good should finish with a solid 11-5 season. If only the Eagles could do that good!


*by the way, Calvin Coolidge was a republican. And don't tell me you knew that. You didn't know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment