Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tom Napatano, I'm pulling for you

One of my students last semester was a proud Jets fan. And I was very happy for him when the Jets went to the championship game. Tom had enjoyed my baseball predictions (which I will review at seasons end) and I told him that I also would make football predictions (which I will also review at season's end).





AFC EAST

Jets 9-7, I'm not sold on Sanchez yet.

Patriots 9-7, Will the defense be there?

Dolphins 9-7, Heading in the right direction.

Bills 6-10, I wish they were heading in the right direction*



AFC NORTH

Ravens 10-6, Better offensive team than defensive?

Bengals 9-7, hot pick, but like the Reds this past spring, prove it (which they are!)

Steelers 8-8, I think Ben's 4 game suspension hurts them.

Browns 7-9, I think they are getting better.



AFC SOUTH

Colts 11-5, should be fine.

Titans 9-7, Vince Young does win. We'll see.

Texans 8-8, should be .500, again

Jaguars 5-11. Probably will win the super bowl.



AFC WEST

Chargers 10-6, Leader in talent and crazy troubles.

Chiefs 8-8, getting better.

Raiders 8-8, getter better.

Broncos 6-10, not getting better.



*I used to live in Western NY and know how important the Bills are to that region. I hope I am wrong. Every year there is at least one or two suprise teams.



Playoffs:

1. Colts 2. Chargers 3. Ravens 4. Jets 5. Bengals 6. Patriots



Ravens crush Patriots. Again.

Jets crush Bengals. Again.



Chargers beat the Ravens 13-12.

Colts beat the Jets, 31-28.



Chargers beat the Colts. 38-31.



NFC EAST

Cowboys 10-6. Can't honestly pick my Eagles above them.

Eagles 9-7. I liked McNabb. But I am also ready for Kolb.

Giants 8-8. Could be better...can't look at them objectively.

Redskins 8-8 McNabb helps, but they need another year.



NFC NORTH

Packers 10-6. Heading in right direction.

Vikings 9-7. Favre misses 4 games to injury.

Lions 7-9. heading in right direction.

Bears 5-11, see Broncos.



NFC SOUTH

Saints 10-6, won't be as good, but won't be bad either.

Panthers 8-8, they are good every other year, just like the jints.

Falcons 7-9, see Bengals.

Buccaneers 4-12 who knows? Literally, who is on this team?



NFC WEST

49ers 10-6, I like Mike. Singletary.

Seahawks 8-8, I don't know.

Cardinals 8-8. I don't know.

Rams 3-13. I know.



1. Saints 2. Packers 3. Cowboys. 4. 49ers 5. Vikings 6. Eagles



Eagles pull the upset (Look for a Cowboys win in playoffs the following year)

49ers get payback for crazy favre throw last year.


Eagles get creamed by the Saints. 31-14

49ers lose to Pack, my wife cries. 21-20



Saints beat the Pack in a thriller, 37-34



Superbowl: Chargers over the Saints 27-24.



I think that the NFL is so unpredictable. In fact, sometimes I really get annoyed with the NFL because of that. But I'll go a little safe this year, nothing crazy.



So don't be suprised when the Jaguars beat the Redskins 42-28 to win the Superbowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment