Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Praise to God

For the record, Duke beat West Virginia, and Butler. Oh well, we caught a glimpse of the upside world of the kingdom, but alas, it was not to be. Duke is the champ. BORING.

About 11 years ago now, I interviewed for a job 5 minutes from the Duke campus. From time to time, I think about how life would have been different had I taken that path.

Which brings me to the brief point I would like to make today. I have really been blessed the last few weeks. I can't put my finger on all the reasons why, but I wanted to blog how grateful I am. To God, from whom comes every good and perfect gift. To Aurie, for her and our two beautiful children. To Aurie, for getting us organized: we have seen some very tangible blessings lately because we leapfrogged some organizational issues and have remained ahead of the curve.

I know that being organized is not an eternal promise, but we have enjoyed the benefits. And I know that blessings aren't always promised, or if we come to assume they are ours by right, will set ourselves up for the fall. But when they are present, it feels good.

All glory to God this beautiful spring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment