Tuesday, April 21, 2015

My First Sale

Some of the stories special to me as I sell my book

What was my first sale at Peddler's Village?  Sam.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the open invitation from Canterbury Tales Forever owner Wayne for me to set up table outside his shop and promote my book. It was quite exciting when I went over one Friday night three weeks before Christmas.  I would go over for an hour or two, since it was quite cold and the sun had set.  It would get my feet wet for the next morning.

A man inquired about my book, and came out with a purchase.  His name was Sam, and he asked that I sign it to him.  I thought about writing on the front page "to my first customer", but I wanted to seem more confident than that :)

The next day, I was not the only author selling my book.  I looked up, and there was Sam!  He also had a children's book, Monty: a Christmas Story.  The story surrounds a basset hound who overcomes his differences to find his home. 

I've spend several days together with Sam at Peddler's Village.  This past week, our first since the cold Christmas season, we delighted in the warmth of the spring sun.  He is a really great guy, and every time I go, I hope he is there.  He is a great salesmen, and I've learned so much from him.   Plus, during the slow moments, we catch up on life, joke around, and talk about all sorts of things. 

Sam's book is self-published.  The illustrator he hired did very nice work, and the story is sweet.  He is not on Amazon, so if you are a basset hound fan in need of a great children's story, let me know and I'll get you his contact information.

No comments:

Post a Comment